*shrug*

Random Ramblings... Hopefully They Make Some Sort of Sense

Monday, January 01, 2007

Dog Grooming vs. Human Grooming

Just a list of pros and cons that I've been considering when I think about going to groom school at the end of this month and beauty school in the future...

Dog Grooming Pros:

  • Dogs are cuter and often sweeter than people!
  • Well trained dogs are a pleasure to groom!
  • I don't really have to worry about developing any kind of relationship with canine clients.
  • I can say anything I want in front of the dogs.. They don't care.
  • I don't have to worry about how I look for the clients... Again, the dogs don't care.
  • People aren't usually as picky about their dog's haircut as they are their own.
Human Grooming Pros:
  • I don't usually have to worry about people biting me.
  • I don't have to check human clients' shot records.
  • Human clients are much less likely to poop all over the place for me to clean up.
  • People are likely to pay more for their own haircut then they are for their dog's haircut.
  • Expressing human anal glands is not a service I'd ever have to offer.
  • I know plenty of people who would let me practice on them.
  • People are more likely to listen when you tell them to sit still or give them any direction for that matter.
  • The chances of me cutting a human client are much less than the chances of me cutting a dog client.
Either way the good news is that ultimately I don't really have to choose between the two. There is no rule that a hairdresser can't groom dogs in her spare time or vice versa :-P The other good news is that as long as I live a decently populated, remotely trendy area I can be gauranteed that there will people who need their dogs groomed and their own haircut too.

What might be even more fun is if you combined a beauty salon and a grooming salon in one... That way the pet and the owner could get their hair done at the same time :) There are people out there who would love that idea!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home