*shrug*

Random Ramblings... Hopefully They Make Some Sort of Sense

Saturday, July 07, 2007

All For Nothing

According to sources such as the Texas Childrens' Hospital, The University of Michigan Pediatric Advisor, and The Children's Hospital of St Louis I'm spent the last eight days home for virtually NO reason.

There are more sites that say the same thing, but I'm too lazy to list more than that because there are LOTS!

Let me sum it up for those of you that care though...

They all seem to agree that the incubation period (the time before it symptoms become apparent) for ringworm is typically between 10 and 14 days.

They all also agree that ringworm isn't contagious after 48 hours of treatment.

Let me repeat that...

Ringworm is NOT contagious after 2 days of treatment.

Which means I went through hell and took almost all of my sick time for NO reason. (For almost three weeks I was under constant treatment, topically for two weeks and orally for one, before I took all my sick time.)
At least now I can go back to work on Monday with a clear conscience and a little bit of ammunition if needed.

Oh, and just in case you don't believe me look for yourself... Just google ringworm "not contagious"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really that upset that I wasted all my sick time since I probably would've never used it anyways, but I'm sure as hell not going to worry about taking anymore now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home