*shrug*

Random Ramblings... Hopefully They Make Some Sort of Sense

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

...

Did you know that I work as a bather in a dog grooming salon? There's a lot of drama in the salon, much like any hair salon, but when you get passed the people drama, I really like my job. I like working with the dogs, and I'm amazed that people would entrust me with taking care of their babies... I know if I had a dog I probably wouldn't be so quick to leave him with people I don't know!

One day in the not to far distant future I'd like to become a full-fledged groomer. Eventually, once I've proved myself as a bather, my job will likely send me to grooming school to learn all the skills I'd need to become a professional groomer. Even if I decide that grooming isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life, its a useful set of skills to have, especially for someone who would really like to work with animals for the rest of their lives. Dog groomers are needed everywhere, because there are dogs everywhere :-) Most poodle, cocker spaniel, schnauzer, etc. owners don't cut their dog's hair themselves!

Everything I can learn in the grooming salon will also be useful in any other job I take in the future working with animals. I even think I might like to eventually get into to training, although I'm not sure who would want a trainer that doesn't have their own dog :-P

The last couple of days especially have been good at work... I've had mostly good dogs, and I most likely made a good enough impression on one client that they'll request me specifically everytime they bring their dog for a bath :-) I'd be more than happy to see their dog again too... He was very well behaved. I think his dad also especially felt that I'd take good care of his dog because I told him that I also had a one-eye animal at home. (I didn't get into the specifics of her being a rat, not a dog, but I don't think that really matters since I probably have to be even more careful with her because she's more likely to bite me if I smell of food) I just hope I get more good request dogs :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home