*shrug*

Random Ramblings... Hopefully They Make Some Sort of Sense

Saturday, June 10, 2006

My Top Three

Marlina said that I'm one of those... One of those people who can't decide what breed of dog is my favorite. I suppose this may be true... I like a lot of different types of dogs and I always find myself saying "If I was going to have a dog, I'd want a _____ ." All in all though three breeds really stand out so far. I've had the best experiences with these three breeds in the salon and in my own personal experience before I started working as a bather. (They aren't in any particular order)

#1... Pit Bulls (or breeds that most people would refer to as a pit bull)
I've never met a pit bull that I didn't like. Despite what a lot of people think pit bulls are usually very people friendly dog. I love the muscle bound look too :)

#2... Greyhounds
This is the only one of the three breeds that I didn't have any experience with before I started at the salon. Again, they have the muscle bound look which I like, but what I really like about greyhounds is that they are sooo sweet! They are also very quiet and usually very well behaved even when they are scared. I also love that they are typically very low energy dogs since I"m a rather low energy kind of girl :)

#3... Old English Mastiffs
I've only known a few mastiffs, but the couple that I've known have made quite the impression. They are big and drooly but they are quiet, calm, and sweet. They are also wonderful watch dogs without ever really being agressive or unfriendly. They are also very gentle for their size... When I was in the third grade I used to wrestle in the grass with a 150lb mastiff name Carlie that wouldn't hurt a fly, even if she looked like she'd take you down.

Now, theres a fair chance that I'll add to this list as I get to know more about all the different breeds. German Shepards may end up being number four... I've had mostly good experiences with them so far. My very first request dog, whom I love, is a Shepard named Fritz :) I'm not sure that any small dogs will ever make it to the top of the list though :P I'll keep y'all updated.

Please note that while I may have some favorite breeds, there aren't really any breeds that I hate. I've had good experiences even with the breeds that I've had the most bad experiences with.... You can't judge a dog by its breed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home