*shrug*

Random Ramblings... Hopefully They Make Some Sort of Sense

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Look Into My Future

So I recently found facebook.com. Going through people's friend lists has made me realize that many of the people from my graduating class in high school have already gotten their bachleors and are in grad school! Even people I never would have thought of as going to grad school.

Where am I you ask? I'm still at least a year away from getting my bachleors in Information Technology. (At this rate my little sister is going to graduate before I do!) I've changed my major soo many times its not even funny and I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. I finally settled on IT because its Chris' major and having all the same classes with him will gaurantee that I actually go to and pass said classes.

In all honesty I'm starting to think I've wasted a lot of time and money trying to get through college. Well... I know that I've wasted a lot of time and money (the money which I'm going to spend many years of my life paying back none the less) but I'm starting to wonder if it will all really be worth it in the end. Sure I'll finally have a degree and that will open up more opportunities for me, but what difference does it really make if I don't even know what I want to do?

Of course at this point I'm actually the closest I've ever been to graduation and getting my degree that I'd have to be stupid to not go through with it, especially since I have spent so much money and so many years in school. And who knows... Maybe I will end up as decently paid IT professional :) But I have a sneaking suspicion that I probably won't end up using my degee...

Believe it or not I can make a decent living as a dog groomer and that is the direction I'm headed right now. This spring, whether my job sends me for free or I pay to go to a professional school, I will be going to a grooming academy, after which I shouldn't have much trouble finding a position as a groomer. Anywhere there are people, there are dogs, and anywhere there are dogs there is a need for grooming.

With only the fuzzbutts and myself to support (Chris makes more than enough already to support himself) I would even have left over money to save up... Possibly to put myself through beauty school. While I know I'll like grooming dogs, I think I might like grooming humans even better since they will actually sit still and listen to what you tell them to do :-P

All in all I'm actually pretty optimistic about what my future holds for me, whether I finally get my degree or not. As long as I don't end up in a job where I'm stuck at a desk most of the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home